Along with everyone else I’m using the New Year to jump start something. For me, it’s my blog. Things dropped off quite a bit in the last quarter of 2012 because, well, we were pretty freaking busy over here! A great problem to have, of course. But, I miss my blog. And I miss talking to everyone, even if it’s just one person. So, I’m going to stop talking and start doing.
That being said, here we go. The first ‘I’ve Ben thinking…about five things.’
- The Browns. The season’s over and they’re still losing. Although I don’t think this one will be as bad as people think. Long-term I don’t think Kelly was a great fit. The Browns need a big-time coach, with a big-time rep for winning in the NFL. One who has been through it and knows what it takes. There is no room for a guinea pig hire.
- Steubenville. How can you not be following this case? Every day a new detail, every day a new twist. With the major news networks covering it and Anonymous occupying downtown…stay tuned and hope that everyone involved gets what they deserve.
- 365 days of social media. Came my way courtesy of Amanda Kleinhenz and boy is it full of some interesting stuff. Very cool (quick) read http://bit.ly/UqFNzP
- Celebrity responsibility. This article in the New York Times made me stop and think. http://nyti.ms/WkEMaR. For a long time I’ve been in the ‘I am not a role model’ camp when it came to celebrity endorsements. But what happens when what they’re pushing directly contradicts their personal views? One of the examples in the article is Beyonce, who is endorsing Pepsi but is also part of the First Lady’s ‘Let’s Move’ campaign to get kids to exercise. I don’t know if my opinion has changed but like I said, it made me stop and think.
- Ketchup at Subway. Or should I say lack of ketchup at Subway. Seriously, who knew Subway doesn’t carry ketchup? And why did this guy get so mad about it? http://nbcnews.to/WupTmD