“And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low? Only a cat of a different coat, that’s all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws…” How much longer do I have to wait for ‘winter to come’? I’m too excited for Game of Thrones – season three starts on March 31st! But if you can’t wait…check out the blog, it’s number one today:
1. What if Game of Thrones was set in high school? Prom Night is Coming (this is hilarious). If you’re a fan of Game of Thrones, you have to watch this…it’s that simple
2. Diet pop is making you fat. And killing you. (Thanks for this one Emily Nelman, the AKHIA Wellness Champ) Two years ago I gave up pop all together, which, at that time pretty much only consisted of Diet Coke. Man, am I glad I kicked it if you believe half of what’s in this article about how bad diet pop – and fat free food – is for you. Eye opening!
3. The new Mad Men poster, which is awesome, contains clues about the new season…or does it? If you read too much into this poster you can find all kinds of things going on. Personally, I think it’s too obvious to not allude to what’s coming up this year. I think the biggest thing to me is what we learned all the way back in the pilot—no matter what Don Draper will never be able to shake the addiction that is his career, i.e., Madison Avenue. See what you think.
4. It only took 73 years but…hey, that Wizard of Oz movie might have some legs! Apparently I’m the only person who didn’t see Oz, the Great and Powerful this weekend. A nice performance at the box office – $80M – has a lot of people excited for The Wizard of Oz all over again. I always wondered why Hollywood didn’t try to get more out of this franchise. It’s almost like it was afraid to go right at it with a prequel, origins story…something, anything. If the best thing you can produce in 73 years is Return to Oz, Boy from Oz and The Wiz…you’re not trying. Personally, I like this Wiz the best.
But now Hollywood isn’t wasting any time. It only took one big weekend for Disney to decide (allegedly) to get started on the next film. What do you think – are you excited for this renewed interest in Oz and the potential for more films?
5. Breaking Bad is great. Breaking Bad as a 90s sitcom might be better. I don’t know if you saw this but as a huge, huge fan of Breaking Bad I have to share this – it is a very creative approach to Breaking Bad re-imagined as a 90s sitcom. And even in this format it still seems watchable.