So…where has ‘Ben thinking’ been lately? Well, we’ve been a little busy lately…and as you might suspect, the first victim of a busy schedule is…my DVR. The second is my blog.
And while it hasn’t exactly shown up here, I have been reading and sharing as much as usual, but I’ve focused more on my new eNewsletter. (If you’re interested in receiving, just email me and request to be added.)
I will be posting those eNews stories here now on a regular basis. This does two things: 1.) keeps my blog active and 2.) allows me to focus on meatier stories. About that second point – I realized that I don’t always have the time I want or need to tackle the stories I find interesting, so I will be inviting more friends to guest blog here.
As for this week, who would blog the day Caitlyn Jenner’s Vanity Fair cover debuts? Not only does she look great (take that, InTouch), but she also killed the news cycle and trumped Kimye baby number two, joined Twitter and is on pace to break President Obama’s record of fastest person to a million followers.
So, here are this week’s ‘Ben thinking…’ articles. Enjoy and thank you for reading!
–OH! I almost forgot—I have also launched a new web series called ‘One question. One answer.’ We are early into this so bare with us as I’m sure it will change. But I’m really excited about this week’s: Fellow AKHIAns, Jan Gusich, Kelly O’Brien and Amanda Hayes joined me to answer “What’s the biggest obstacle facing us in closing the gender pay gap.” Watch it here – can’t wait to hear what you all think!
1. Worldwide Internet use has grown sevenfold since 2000. Which means there are now 3.2 billion people on the Internet.
2. Five things you need to know about Millennial moms. Why? Because Millennial moms account for almost 90 percent of the 1.5 million new mothers within last year, up 50 percent from a decade ago.
3. Female CEOs dominate. Shark Tank’s Mr. Wonderful has invested in 27 companies. And the only ones making money are those run by female CEOs. Why? According to one of his CEOs: “You know, if you want to get something done, give it to a busy mom.”
4. KFC just turned their tray liner into a keyboard. You know what I hate? When my fingers are too greasy to text. It’s bad enough I have to put my phone down long enough to actually eat and talk to my family. But when I’m trying to text and my screen is all smudged… oh man. Yep, KFC just made a liner that syncs with your phone and doubles as a keyboard! Mind blown.
5. Denmark might eliminate cash. Raising really important questions, like, do we still need wallets?