Whew – that Super Bowl was awezzzzz… Ok, ok. It wasn’t the worst Super Bowl ever. And hey, Peyton had a great storybook ending. I think Budweiser tastes a lot better after winning the Super Bowl.
Today we’re doing a Super Bowl themed ‘Ben Thinking…’ because… well, it’s kind of hard to compete with those storylines today. If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. On to the week’s stories:
1. Peyton Manning’s TWO Budweiser mentions were equal to $3.2M in free advertising! (ESPN)
2. So, who were the winners and losers, according to DigiDay?
3. Intuit was a big winner to me, for holding a contest to reward a small business with a Super Bowl commercial. And win they did – the Death Wish Coffee spot was awesome. (Forbes)
4. Taco Bell stole the hearts and stomachs of five cities by ‘borrowing’ local business icons/pitchmen to introduce their Quesalupa – including the Northeast Ohio market.
5. Peyton Manning’s personal brand was on display last night, from a Papa John kiss after the game to his favorite beer. But Beyonce may have hijacked the whole Super Bowl. (Newsweek)
And, of course our ‘One Question, One Answer’ was all about the Super Bowl spots. Check out our responses and new host!
Would love to hear yours!