Welcome back! I hope the long weekend treated you well!
1. Did you check your work email while you were off? Imagine if it were against the law to check email on weekends or in the evening. That’s what France is proposing.
I’m torn on this one. I like the concept but…where does it end? Will they ban social media on weekends and in the evening, next?
2. What would you do with an extra 50 characters? Twitter has loosened up and will not be counting its media files against your character count anymore. Which means more space for advertisers. And more room to bitch, for the rest of us.
Web series: The spring season of ‘One Question, One Answer’ is here, featuring the AKHIA executive team. Is Slack helpful? Does it give you more time in your day? We talk about if you should be using it.
3. Here’s the thing, if you have to say you’re acting like an adult…are you really? Brands think so. With more than 600k mentions in the past year, get ready for #adulting.
4. “Best if used by”…eh, it’s a starting point. The fact is 40% of food produced in the United States doesn’t get eaten. Yet 48M Americans don’t get enough to eat. Why? Easy – we’re throwing away safe, edible food.
5. It may not be illegal to scan a digital photo of your face…in Illinois. Which could create a shortcut around biometric privacy laws. And scare the crap out of a lot of people.
ICYM last week’s most read article…George Zimmer wants to guarantee you’ll look good. Again.