Trends, Challenges and Opportunities for B2B Marketers Identified in Wide-Ranging Survey
Marketing & Business Integration Outlook (2015-2020) offers unique industry insights gathered from a nationwide panel of marketing executives
HUDSON, Ohio—Marketers face a challenging, shifting business landscape in 2015 and beyond. What does it look like?
- 60% of B2B marketers expect their greatest budget increases to relate to Web/digital strategy in the next five years.
- Social media strategy tops the list of skill sets companies are investing in through 2020.
- 37% say poor infrastructure for collecting and analyzing data is their biggest barrier to measuring success.
- 55% of manufacturing companies will or probably will increase budgets for communications technologies, such as marketing automation, CRM or other analytics tools.
- 84% of manufacturing believe that one or more social media channels will have an impact on their business in the next five years.
- More than half of marketing professionals educate themselves on trends and technologies through networking.
These eye-opening statistics are the result of a nationwide survey of 225 marketing and communications executives commissioned by Ohio-based marketing agency AKHIA in conjunction with TRIAD Research Group. AKHIA is making the full results available its eBook titled Marketing & Business Integration Outlook, 2015-2020.
“Marketers are being asked how their work affects their business’ overall objectives, and it means marketers need to work smarter,” said Ben Brugler, president, AKHIA. “We think the key to working smarter is in part to apply a business integration approach—involving all stakeholders from the beginning, and targeting agreed-upon goals that make significant impact on the business overall.”
Touching on everything from planning and budgeting to data and analytics, AKHIA designed the survey to examine the state of business communication, and how marketers can work together in an ever-changing environment. With key insights from executives across the manufacturing, healthcare, building and construction, financial services sectors, the 2015 Marketing & Business Integration Outlook collects insights that can’t be found anywhere else.
“We hope that this survey can be a resource for marketers and proof positive why we need to think about how our strategies align with business goals,” Brugler continued. “It’s how we’re going to build success into the future.”
To download 2015 Marketing & Business Integration Outlook (2015-2020), and to learn more about AKHIA’s Business Integration methodologies, planning resources and educational events, visit www.ThinkAKHIA.com.
About AKHIA Founded in 1996, AKHIA is an integrated communications firm that distinguishes itself by focusing on a company’s business objectives and providing strategic solutions, including marketing, sales lead generation, public relations, social media and reputation management. AKHIA is located in Hudson, Ohio. The organization was founded on a philosophy of message integrity and best-in-class account service. Today, that philosophy remains in the form of the agency’s dedication to strategic execution for its clients spanning a wide range of industries in the business-to-business, service and consumer sectors.